Bachelor in Dental Science at University of Queensland in 2009.
Originally from Brisbane, Queensland Dr Darren Manoharan has practiced in Brisbane, New South Wales and Melbourne.Darren started practicing in 2009 on the Sunshine coast for Queensland Health when he then entered private practice in Kenmore, Brisbane until July 2013.
Later in 2013 he worked as the sole practitioner in Gunnedah, New South Wales. This serviced the area and many surrounding towns who had limited access to dental health Services.
In October 2015, Darren moved to Melbourne to work on Clarendon St in South Melbourne until 2019.
Looking to focus on his local community, Darren opened his own practice Progressive Era Dental in Truganina, Melbourne. As the owner/director it was a 2-surgery clinic where Darren mentored recent graduate dentists and employed 5 support staff. After stepping away from business Darren then joined Complete Dental Care in November 2023.
Darren provides a vast range of dental services but specialises in knowledge of cosmetic and orthodontic dentistry. A patient,understanding and empathetic dentist, Darren will take the time to determine what treatment is best for his patients and their given circumstances.
Post Graduate Courses/Training
- All-Ceramic Crowns and Veneers 2011
- Comprehensive training in the dento-facial uses of Dermal Fillers 2013(AADFA)
- Comprehensive training in the dento-facial uses of Botulinum Toxin A 2013 (AADFA)
- Invisalign complete course 2013 (Invisalign)
- Myofunctional Orthodontics with Myobrace 2017 (Myofunctional Research Co.)
- Inman Aligner Orthodontics 2018 (IAS Ortho Austalia)
- Minimax implant surgical course 2014 (Minimax)
- Nobel biocare implant restoration 2013 (Nobel Biocare)
- Progressive Orthodontic Seminars 2015 (POS Orthodontics)
- Megagen Implant Fellowship 2022 (Megagen)
Besides dentistry, Darren has a strong interest in basketball in which he has competed at the state men’s level through Queensland, New South Wales and Victoria. He also enjoys being a father to his two children.